Non-invasive prenatal testing (NIPT)
Panorama is a blood-based genetic, prenatal screening test of the pregnant mom that screens for common chromosomal conditions that affect a baby’s health. Panorama uses unique SNP*-based technology to deliver the most accurate non-invasive prenatal testing on the market.
Panorama can be performed as early as nine weeks gestation. Most results will be returned to your doctor within 5-7 calendar days.
*SNP, single nucleotide polymorphism
Panorama is a screening test, which means that this test does not make a final diagnosis. A high-risk result means that your pregnancy could be at risk for a specific genetic condition. However, you cannot know for sure if your baby has that condition based on screening results alone. All medical decisions should be made after discussion with your clinician regarding diagnostic testing during the pregnancy, like amniocentesis or chorionic villus sampling (CVS), or testing the baby after birth.
*Not available for egg-donor or surrogate pregnancies or in cases of dizygotic (non-identical twins)
The information in the table below relates to the general performance of the test.
Sensitivity is the ability to correctly identify a truly high risk case as high risk. For example, in a group of Trisomy 21 cases, Panorama will correctly identify more than 99% of those cases.
Specifity is the ability correctly identify an unaffected case as low risk.
Positive Predictive Value is the likelihood the result says high-risk and the fetus is actually affected. For example, when Panorama shows a high-risk result for Trisomy 21, there is a 91% chance that the fetus is affected by Trisomy 21. In other words, 9% of the time, you may get a high-risk result when the fetus is not affected by trisomy 21.
Negative Predictive Value is the likelihood the result says lowrisk and the fetus is truly not affected.
* A clinical follow-up study is underway to control a decrease in NPV below the specified endpoint, but follow-up is not performed in all low-risk cases
** Sex chromosome-related abnormalities are only reported if a high risk is detected.
*** PPV values for DiGeorge and Angelman syndromes are 53% and 10%, respectively, based on published data in cases without ultrasound abnormalities, but after ultrasound abnormalities prior to the test, PPV is 100% for both diseases.
**** Fetal fraction The above test specifications are only applicable to single and identical twin pregnancies.
1 DDar et al.Am J Obstet Gynecol. Epub prior to publication. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajog.2022.01.019
2 DiNonno W et al. J Clin Med. 2019. 26:8(9);1311.doi: https://doi.org/10.3390/jcm8091311
3 Nicolaides et al. Fetal Diagn Ther. 2014;35(3):212-7.
4 Curnow KJ et al. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2015. 212(1):79.e1-9.doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajog.2014.10.012
5 Martin K et al. ISPD 25th International Conference: June, 2021
6 Dar et al. Am J Obstet Gynecol. Epub prior to publication. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajog.2022.01.002
7 Martin K et al. Clin Genet. 2018. 93(2):293-300. doi: https://doi.org/10.1111/cge.13098
8 Wapner RJ et al. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2015. 212(3):332e1-9.d doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajog.2014.11.041
The tests described have been developed and their performance characteristics determined by the CLIA-certified laboratory performing the test. The tests have not been cleared or approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Although FDA is exercising enforcement discretion of premarket review and other regulations for laboratory-developed tests in the US, certification of the laboratory is required under CLIA to ensure the quality and validity of the tests. CAP accredited, ISO 13485 certified, and CLIA certified. © 2022 Natera, Inc. All Rights Reserved.